In 2022, the research on Alzheimer's disease returned to the center of Hadassah-Israel's fundraising efforts.
In 2021, Hadassah-Israel began raising funds to support cutting-edge research on Alzheimer's disease, but decided instead to focus on raising money for medical efforts in Europe for Ukrainian refugees of the war there.
In 2020, Hadassah-Israel supported the purchase of a special CT machine called a Cone Beam CT (CBCT) whose radiation output is less than a third of the output of a standard CT machine. It is a unique device, the only one of its kind in Israel and is used for clear and accurate imaging when diagnosing and treating injury or abnormality in the head, mouth, oral cavity, jaws, face and neck. In addition, this innovative device is used during cochlear implant surgery, which improves hearing for deaf and hearing-impaired babies and adults.
Click here to see lecture by Dr Michal Kauffman
Other projects that received support from Hadassah-Israel over the last years:
- The Marlene Greenbaum Multidisciplinary Diagnostic Breast Center
- The Ophthalmology Department
- Stem Cell Research
- The Orthopedic Department
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- The Rehabilitation Center for disabled soldiers, victims of terror attacks and other patients
- A monitor for the Covid-19 department